Old Government House, South Australia Australia, Adelaide

Old Government House, South Australia

Old Government House is an historic building located in Belair National Park, South Australia, and was South Australia’s first official vice-regal summer residence of the Governor of South Australia from 1860-1880, and was used by governors Richard Graves MacDonnell (1855–62), Dominick Daly (1862-68) and William Jervois (1877–80). It was constructed from local sandstone, with the red-brick for the quoins sourced from the Blackwood brickworks, and a native timber shingle roof. The residence's indoor plunge-pool was reportedly the first in the colony.