Palace of Charles of Lorraine
The Palace of Charles of Lorraine was the residence of Charles Alexander of Lorraine in Brussels. Charles was governor-general of the Austrian Netherlands from 1744 to 1780.
The palace is located at the Museum-square in the upper city, near the Place Royale. The construction was started in 1757 on the place where the palace of Nassau had stood.
Nowadays it houses a museum. The palace counts five halls of which the interior is reminiscent of the Austrian Netherlands and the Bishopric of Liège in the 18th century.