Cathedral of the Holy Trinity
The Cathedral of the Holy Trinity is the cathedral of the Anglican Diocese of Quebec and home to two parishes: the Parish of Quebec and la Paroisse de Tous les Saints. The Diocese of Quebec was founded in 1793 and its first bishop, Dr. Jacob Mountain, gave his early attention to the erection of a cathedral. The completed building, designed by military officers William Robe and William Hall and built between 1800 and 1804, was consecrated on August 28, 1804. It was the first Anglican cathedral to be built outside of the British Isles.