Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec
The Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec (French for "National Museum of Fine Arts of Quebec") is a museum in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada gathering approximately 25,000 works essentially produced in Quebec, or by Quebec artists, some of which date from the 18th century. It has also housed a library since 1987. It is located on the Plains of Abraham, in The Battlefields Park.
Founded in 1933, the museum was first known as the "Musée de la province de Québec", then as the "Musée du Québec" from 1961 before being rechristened its present name in 2002 by the Bernard Landry government. It consists of three pavilions, each in a distinct building. One of these is the old prison of Quebec City, dating from the 19th century, and the interior is a contemporary witness of incarcerated life in the era. Since 1995, the museum receives financial support from a foundation called La Fondation du Musée.