Assiniboine Park is a park in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The Winnipeg Public Parks Board was formed in 1893, and purchased the initial land for the park in 1904. Although in use before then, the park officially opened in 1909, and is located north of the Assiniboine Forest, along the Assiniboine River. It is named for the Assiniboine people. The park covers 1,100 acres (450 ha), of which 400 acres (160 ha) are designed in the English landscape style.
The park includes the 700-acre (280 ha) Assiniboine Forest, Assiniboine Park Zoo, Assiniboine Park Conservatory, the historic Assiniboine Park Pavilion, formal and informal gardens, a sculpture garden, a miniature railway, an outdoor theatre for performing arts, and numerous other attractions.