Pavilion Gallery Museum
The Pavilion Gallery Museum is a museum and art gallery in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. It opened in 1998 in the Assiniboine Park Pavilion in Assiniboine Park. The Pavilion is the second pavilion building built in the park. It officially opened in 1930.
Following reconstruction in 1930, a second level restaurant and dining room was opened. Eventually, the restaurant was closed and the Pavilion fell into disuse. For many years it was used primarily as a seasonal facility with a canteen on the main level and a rental hall on the second level. After the restoration in 1998, a restaurant called Tavern in the Park opened along with the gallery. Tavern in the Park closed in 2008 and was replaced by Terrace Fifty-Five in December of that year.
The gallery houses the largest collections of works by three renowned Manitoba artists: Ivan Eyre, Clarence Tillenius and Walter J. Phillips. The second floor area is dedicated to the work of emerging Manitoba artists.
The Museum is affiliated with the CMA, the CHIN, and the Virtual Museum of Canada.