Ross House Museum
The Ross House Museum is a museum in Winnipeg, Manitoba, housed in a log house (constructed 1852–55) that was designated a Winnipeg Landmark Heritage Structure in 1980. Originally standing on the bank of the Red River at the foot of what is now Market Avenue, the building became the first post office in Western Canada with the appointment of William Ross as postmaster by the Council of Assiniboia in 1855. The building was saved from demolition in 1947 by the Manitoba Historical Society and moved to Higgins Ave across from the C.P.R. station. There it was restored, with the land and house featuring artifacts, monuments and markers relevant to the early history of Manitoba. In 1984 the house was once more moved, this time to its present location in Joe Zuken Heritage Park in Point Douglas.