Place de la Bourse
Place de la Bourse is one of the most recognizable sights of Bordeaux. Its architect was Ange-Jacques Gabriel. It was built from 1730 to 1775 In the original plan, there was a statue of King Louis XV. However, the statue was destroyed during the French Revolution. After the destruction of the statue, a Corinthian column-fountain was built on the square. Finally, in 1869 "Three Graces" was installed in the same location. Design of the surrounding buildings was finished by Ange-Jacques Gabriel in 1739, however the project was issued two weeks after the architect's death. After his death, his son came in change and finished the construction of the buildings.