Argonaute (S636) is an Aréthuse-class submarine, and the fourth ship of the French Navy to bear the name.
Launched on 23 October 1958, she served as flagship within the Toulon submarine squadron, and spent over 2,000 days at sea and over 32,000 hours underwater. She was decommissioned on 31 July 1982.
After extensive discussions beginning in 1982, in 1989 the Argonaute was transferred from Toulon via Gibraltar to Le Havre, then through the seven locks of the Saint-Denis Canal. Once at the quay on the Canal de l'Ourcq, she was lifted from the water by cranes and transported by trailer to her current site.
The Argonaute opened to the public in 1991, outside the Cité des sciences et de l'industrie, 30 Avenue Corentin Cariou, in the 19th arrondissement of Paris. The interior is open daily except Mondays and national holidays; an admission fee is charged.