Japanisches Palais is a Baroque building in Dresden, Germany, on the Neustadt bank of the river Elbe. Built in 1715, it was extended from 1729 until 1731 to store the Japanese porcelain collection of Augustus the Strong that is now part of the Dresden Porcelain Collection. However, it was never used for this purpose, and instead served as a library. The palace is a work of architects Pöppelmann, Longuelune and de Bodt.
The Japanisches Palais was partly destroyed during the allied bombing raids on 13 February 1945, but was reconstructed in the 1950s and 1960s. The final reconstruction work continued until 1987. Today, it houses three museums: the Museum of Ethnology Dresden, the State Museum for Pre-History (Landesmuseum für Vorgeschichte) and the Senckenberg Naturhistorische Sammlungen Dresden.