Henninger Turm (English: Henninger Tower) was a grain storage silo located in the Sachsenhausen-Süd district of Frankfurt, Germany. It was built by Henninger Brewery (now part of the Binding Brewery/Radeberger Group) and had a storage capacity of 16,000 tons of barley. The 120 m (390 ft), 33-storey, reinforced concrete tower was designed by Karl Lieser and was built from 1959 to 1961. It was inaugurated on 18 May 1961. It was demolished in 2013. Until 1974 it was the tallest building in Frankfurt; and it remained the tallest storage silo in the world until its demolition. On top of the building was a barrel-like pod which contained a viewing platform and a revolving restaurant (originally two). On October 2002, the tower was closed to the public. From 1961 to 2008, the annual professional cycling race Rund um den Henninger-Turm was held on 1 May, the course circling the tower multiple times.