Hungen is a town in the district of Gießen, in Hesse, Germany. It is situated 20 km southeast of Gießen, and 18 km northeast of Friedberg. Surrounding towns are Laubach to the north, Nidda to the east, Wölfersheim to the south, and Münzenberg and Lich to the west. The history of Hungen dates back to 782. In 1806 it came under the sovereignty of the Grand Duchy of Hesse. Buildings of interest include the Hungen Castle, the Evangelical Church, parts of the medieval city wall and Hungen station.