Schönebeck (German) is a town in the district of Salzlandkreis, in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany. It is situated on the left bank of the Elbe, approx. 14 kilometres (9 miles) southeast of Magdeburg. For much of the twentieth century it was noted for its large salt mine. The manor house of Schönebeck was owned by Count Heinrich von Blumenthal, Mayor of Magdeburg, until 1810. The firm of Sellier & Bellot opened a munitions factory there in the 1829.