Waldkraiburg is a town in the district of Mühldorf, in Bavaria, Germany with a population of about 24,000. It is the biggest town in the district of Mühldorf. It is located on the Inn River, approximately ten kilometers southwest of Mühldorf and sixty kilometers east of Munich. Waldkraiburg is one of the Bavarian displaced person cities. During World War II, an armour factory fabricated gunpowder in this area. The remaining bunkers were soon used as makeshift housing for displaced persons from Sudetenland and Bohemia. Officially founded on April 1, 1950, the community grew fast and, in 1960, it was granted the rights of a town. Today, chemical and engine building factories are located in Waldkraiburg.