Boscolo Budapest Hotel
Formerly known as the New York Palace (Hungarian: New York-palota), the building was constructed in 1894 by the New York Life Insurance Company as a local head office. It was designed by architect Alajos Hauszmann, with Flóris Korb and Kálmán Giergl. The building opened on October 23, 1894. The famous New York Café (Hungarian: New York Kávéház) the ground floor has been a longtime center for Hungarian literature and poetry. The statues and other ornaments on the facade of the building, as well as the café's 16 imposing devilish fauns, are the works of Károly Senyei.
The building was nationalized during the communist era. After the collapse of communism, the structure was bought by the Italian Boscolo Hotels chain in February 2001. The building was totally renovated and reopened on May 5, 2006 as a 107-room luxury hotel, with the Café, also totally renovated, on its ground floor.