Walferdange (Luxembourgish: Walfer, German: Walferdingen) is a commune and small town in central Luxembourg. It is located north of Luxembourg City. As of 2001, the town of Walferdange, which lies in the centre of the commune, has a population of 728. Other towns within the commune include Helmsange and Bereldange. The commune of Walferdange was formed on 1 January 1851, when it was detached from the commune of Steinsel. The law forming Walferdange was passed on 25 November 1850.