Njeguši (Montenegrin and Serbian Cyrillic: Његуши) is a village in the Cetinje Municipality of southern Montenegro, located on the slopes of Mount Lovćen, within the Lovćen national park. The village is best known as the birthplace of the Petrović dynasty, which ruled Montenegro from 1696 to 1918, as well as the Montenegrin office of the ''serdar'' and ''guvernadur'', held by the Radonjić family. The village is also significant for its well-preserved traditional folk architecture. Njeguški sir and Njeguški pršut (local forms of cheese and prosciutto respectively), made solely in area around Njeguši, are genuine contributions to Montenegrin cuisine. The village is situated in the Njeguši field and is also a center of the tribe of the same name. The tribe itself consists of the settlements: Dugi Do, Žanjev Do, Herakovići, Kopito, Vrba, Rajićevići, Velji and Mali Zalaz, Majstori and Mirac and forms a part of Katunska Nahija, one of the provinces of Old Montenegro. The tribal name Njeguši is according to Ilija Ruvarac derived from Negusius Podcupica, mentioned in an 11th-century document. The house the Petrovic Family lived in is located at 42.432271, 18.808675. According to the 2003 census, the village had 17 inhabitants, of whom 15 declared as Montenegrins, 1 as Serb, and 1 Unknown.