The Desamparados station (Spanish: Estación de Desamparados) is a railway station in Lima, Peru. It is situated on the left margin of the Rímac River, next to the Government Palace. The station was named after the church of Nuestra Señora de los Desamparados. The project began in 1890 by the Peruvian Corporation and three years later the Lima–La Oroya route was inaugurated. The line became known as the Ferrocarril Central Andino At present the station only has administrative use, although it can offer passenger excursion services between Lima and the central mountain range. It serves mainly as an exhibition hall, exhibiting such items as the presidential wagon "Paquita", named in honor of the wife of the then President of the Republic Oscar R. Benavides.