St. Peter's Church
Iglesia de San Pedro is the Spanish name for Saint Peter Church (formerly San Pablo church) located in Lima, Peru. The church was completed in 1638. It is administered by the Jesuits and it was created Basilica as part of the Archdiocese of Lima. The church is part of the Historic Centre of Lima, which was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1991. In this church, Sacred Heart of Jesus is venerated. Among those interred within the church is the Viceroy of Peru (1796-1801) Ambrosio O'Higgins.