ORP Błyskawica is a Grom-class destroyer which served in the Polish Navy during World War II and is the only ship of the Polish Navy awarded the Virtuti Militari medal. It is preserved as a museum ship in Gdynia, and is the oldest preserved destroyer in the world. She was the second of two Grom-class destroyers, built for the Polish Navy by J. Samuel White, Cowes in 1935–37. The Polish word błyskawica translates to lightning flash, while her sister ship, grom, translates to Thunderbolt. The Grom class were two of the most heavily armed and fastest destroyers during World War II.