Wrocław Market Hall
Wrocław Market Hall (Polish: Hala Targowa we Wrocławiu, German: Breslauer Markthalle) was designed by Richard Plüddemann and built between 1906-08 as the Breslauer Markthalle Nr 1, when the city was part of Germany. It is situated by Ulica Piaskowa (Sandstraße), at the junction of Plac Nankiera (Ritterplatz) and Ulica Sw. Ducha (Heiligegeiststraße) close to Market Square, Wrocław and oldest districts of Wrocław. The Hall was completed along with similar building at Ulica Kolejowa. Both buildings were created in order to organize street trading in the city center. Once completed, all street markets have been moved into the newly opened halls. The building was not severely damaged during the World War II and continued to be used as originally intended shortly after. It was completely renovated between 1980-83. The Wrocław Market Hall remains one of the biggest traditional markets in the city. The Kolejowa Hall was destroyed during the war and removed in 1973.