Trinitarian Church of Bratislava Slovakia, Bratislava

Trinitarian Church of Bratislava

The Trinitarian Church or Trinity Church, full name Church of Saint John of Matha and Saint Felix of Valois, is a Baroque-style church in Bratislava's Old Town borough, on the Župné námestie square.

The church was built on the site of the older Church of St. Michael, which was demolished in 1529, along with the settlement of St. Michael, during the Ottoman wars, along with other suburbs, so as to see better the attacking Turks. The Trinitarian Order started construction of the church in 1717 and it was sanctified in 1727, although work in the interior continued into the first half of the 18th century.

Photos