Slovak Technical Museum
The Slovak Technical Museum is a major Slovak technology museum, based in the eastern Slovak city of Košice, with branches throughout Slovakia. It was established in 1947 and opened to the public in 1948, under the name Technical Museum (Technické múzeum). The museum was renamed to its current name in 1983. Its main exhibits and headquarters are located in the northern part of Košice's Main Street (Hlavná ulica), in the historical public building known as Kapitánsky palác (The Captain Palace).